Stony Brook University
- Phonology, the lexicon, and the connections between them
- Modeling variable and categorical effects in the lexicon
- Acquisition of grammatical trends by humans and machines
- Check out the sublexical learner!
Recentish journal publications
- (Under revision for Phonology) Blake Allen (UBC) and Michael Becker Learning alternations from surface forms with sublexical phonology. lingbuzz/002503.
- (submitted to Morphology) Gender without morphological segmentation in French. With Michael Dow (UMontreal).
- (submitted to Journal of Portuguese Linguistics) The acquisition path of [w]-final plurals in Brazilian Portuguese. With Andrew Nevins (UFRJ and UCL), Filomena Sandalo (UNICAMP) and Érick Rizzato (UNICAMP).
- September 15-17, 2017: The Sublexical Learner. Tutorial given as a part of the Annual Meeting on Phonology, NYU.
- January 5-8, 2017: "Affix-specificity makes stress learnable", 91st meeting of the Linguistic Society of America, Austin, TX. [slides]
- October 21-23, 2016: "Inconspicuous unfaithfulness in Slovenian", Annual Meeting on Phonology, USC. With Peter Jurgec, University of Toronto. [slides]